Sunday, February 14, 2010

Almost A Week

This is the first time I've actually written since this whole thing started. It's been a whirlwind of a week and I can't believe tomorrow will be one week since this all began. It feels like much longer.

We met with the first surgeon again on Friday and received the results of the breast MRI. No new news really, which is a good thing. They saw what we've already identified on other tests. Nothing in the other breast. We talked to her more about surgical options and will plan to have a decision by next Friday hopefully. We are still going to meet with another surgeon this week for a second opinion, but we really like the first surgeon we met. We also have three other appointments on Friday to meet with other docs before making any final surgical decisions. There is a lot to consider and everything is quite overwhelming. It's kind of like living in a dream.

All I can say is thank you to all the people who have called, sent cards, emails etc. All of you have helped me to feel so loved. Each and every one of you make me feel so taken care of and I am truly grateful.

We will continue to update the blog as we learn new things. Thanks for checking in....This is going to be a long and challenging ride and I am glad you are all on it with me...

Lots of love to everyone!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. go girl! you've got my support, we can get our head shaved together!

    ReplyDelete